• A program in honor of our military and veterans, sponsored bt the Zion Chapel Elementary SGA and Senior High Beta Club, will be held at 9 a.m., Friday, Nov. 8, at Zion Chapel Green Memorial Stadium. There will be students at the gate to escort our honored guests. If the weather permits, the program will be held outside. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be moved to the gymnasium. We look forward to showing our appreciation to those who have served our country and those who continue to ensure our freedom.
Fort Rucker Veteran’s Day Ceremony will be held Friday, Nov. 8 at 11 a.m., at Veteran’s Park. The ceremony will be held inside the Aviation Museum in the event of inclement weather.
• Sam Boswell Honda will hold its semi-annual flag retirement ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 9, starting at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be held at the dealership underneath the flagpole.
• Cook-Clements American Legion Post 73 invites the community to join us for a free breakfast on Veterans Day Nov. 11, starting at 9 a.m., followed by a Veterans Day Ceremony to start at 10 a.m. All veterans, their families, past and present are invited to join. We will honor veterans and active duty members from our local community. The Legion Post is located at 701 East Lee Street. For more information call Buddy Keen, Commander, at 393-2928 or the Legion at 308-0081.
• The Daleville VFW Post 6020 will honor veterans at their annual event on Monday, Nov. 11, at 11 a.m., with Col. (Ret.) Teresa Townsend as the quest speaker.
• Disabled American Veterans Chapter 94 and Dale County Vietnam Veterans of America will host a Veterans Day Ceremony at the Woodlawn Memory Gardens, 531 North U.S. 231, Ozark on Monday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m.