The Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System is hosting a walk-in COVID vaccination clinic at the Veterans Affairs Clinic off Chantilly Parkway Wednesday, March 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 8105 Veterans Way in Montgomery.
Vaccines are available for enrolled and eligible veterans 55 years of age and older. Also being vaccinated are veterans who are frontline essential workers and are enrolled and eligible for VA care.
Frontline essential workers include but are not limited to:
• Police officers
• Corrections officers
• Food and agricultural workers
• United States Postal Service workers
• Manufacturing workers
• Grocery store workers
• Public transit workers
• Educational sectors such as teachers, support staff and day care workers
There are limited daily vaccine doses and veterans may be scheduled for a later date if the daily vaccination capacity is reached. Appointment availability is subject to the availability of vaccines.
Veterans may still choose to schedule an appointment and previously scheduled appointments will not be canceled. If you are a frontline essential worker or are 55 years or older, please call CAVHCS at (866) 601-1079 to schedule a vaccination.
Here is what you need to know before participating in the walk-in clinic.
• Due to the high demand for the vaccine, you may experience long lines and prolonged wait times. Please be patient as we work to ensure that all of our enrolled Veterans are taken care of.
• Proper masking over your nose and mouth is required at all CAVHCS facilities and we ask that you practice social distancing.
• The vaccine is administered in two doses for maximum effectiveness; you will receive an appointment for your second dose before leaving the clinic. Also, the second dose of the vaccine is approximately 28 days after the first dose at the same location.
• Photo identification and/or VA identification are required at the time of check-in.
You must be enrolled and eligible for VA Health Care to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you’re not currently receiving health care through VA, find out if you’re eligible and apply now at this link https://www.va.gov/health-care/how-to-apply/.