Town of Clayhatchee
REQUESTS FOR ENGINEERING QUALIFICATIONS
The Town of Clayhatchee is accepting Requests for Qualifications from qualified engineering firms to provide professional engineering services for the Town of Clayhatchee FY 2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) project).
The scope and services desired shall include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
CDBG Application Phase:
1. Preliminary Engineering including Cost Estimates, Preliminary Engineering Report, and Maps for CDBG application;
CDBG Post-Application Phase, if applicable:
1. Design and Specifications including bid alternates;
2. Preparation of Bid Documents, Bid Advertisements, Bid Openings;
3. Conduct Pre-Bid and Preconstruction Meetings; and
4. Engineering observation during construction work to completion to possibly include preparing change orders and/or amendment paperwork, if applicable.
The engineering firm will be selected on a 50 point rating system. Selection criteria will be based, but not necessarily limited to the following:
1. Recent specialized experience in CDBG projects;
2. Reputation for personal and professional integrity and competence;
3. Professional background and caliber of personnel;
4. Capability to meet schedules and deadlines; and
5. Familiarity with the Board’s existing needs.
Proposals are being requested in accordance with Common Rule. Each proposal will be rated according to the aforementioned selection criteria.
Proposals will be received Southeast Alabama Planning and Development Commission, ATTN: Andrew Windham located at 462 North Oates Street (P.O. Box 1406, Dothan, AL 36302) on or before 5:00 p.m., June 23, 2021. All professional engineering firms who consider themselves qualified are invited to submit a proposal. The Town of Clayhatchee reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive any informalities or irregularities in the proposal process.
Steve Guice, Mayor
Town of Clayhatchee