The 2020 Enterprise Christmas Parade is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Enterprise. The theme this year is “Christmas in the City.”
Be a part of one of the oldest traditions in Enterprise. The Christmas Parade not only brings the community together, it brings people from all over together to embrace the holiday spirit. It also allows you the opportunity to showcase what businesses have to offer, and allows an entry an opportunity to win an award.
The deadline for entries is Friday, Nov. 20.
There will be a first, second and third place selection for both Commercial and Non-Profit entries.
Selections of float winners are based upon the following considerations:
Adherence to the theme
• Does the float portray the parade theme “Christmas in the City?”
• Amount of time/work contributed to customization and personalization.
• Is the float unique from all other floats?
Spirit of Christmas
• Are there visible elements of Christmas such as a fireside book reading, children building a snowman, or a living nativity?
• No Santa Clauses will be allowed – these will be disqualified as it was stated in the rules and regulations.
Overall appeal and crowd approval
• Did the float receive a lot of attention from the crowd?
The election of “Spirit Award” is based upon the following considerations:
• Given to the walking unit that has the most enthusiasm during the parade.
• All members are excited and interactive (waving, cheering, smiling)
• Dressed the part, integrated the theme.
Selection of the “Elfin Magic Award” is based upon the following considerations and given to any unit type:
• Children as main focal point of unit.
• Incorporated theme.
All entrants are asked to please abide by the state orders during the event.
To receive a parade application, contact the Enterprise Chamber of Commerce at (334) 347-0581 or visit the website at www.enterprisealabama.com