The Southeast Sun: Breast Cancer Special Section

Facebook Twitter
default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Breast Cancer Special Section

Recent Headlines

Tuesday 10/09/2018
Faith in God provides strength for Enterprise native
Posted: October 09, 2018

A routine mammogram is how Barbara A. Pearson Sampson first learned she had breast cancer in 2010.

The diagnosis was confirmed through an ultra sound that she had two weeks later.

Comments (0)
Mother, wife who died from breast cancer honored by daughter
Updated: October 11, 2018 - 4:09 pm

The daughter of a Medley and a Harrison, Winna Gayle McDougal was New Brockton through and through.

Comments (0)
‘I wouldn’t have made it without my faith’
Updated: October 10, 2018 - 10:43 am

April started a journey for Enterprise Health and Rehab Speech Language Pathologist Casey Lait that she thought she’d never have.

Comments (0)
Breast cancer news, general health focus of forum
Posted: October 09, 2018

The 20th Annual Coffee County Breast Cancer and Women’s Health Issues Forum will focus on changes in breast cancer and its treatment as well as information about other aspects of women’s health.

Comments (0)
Businesses hold special breast cancer awareness events
Posted: October 09, 2018

Members of the Enterprise business community are actively supporting breast cancer awareness through several special events.

Comments (0)
Baseline, routine mammograms led to early detection
Posted: October 09, 2018

Allisha Harrison never expected to find her breast cancer at such an early stage in October 2016, but she did, thanks to knowing her family history and having a mammogram.

Janet Corneil’s Christian faith gains new dimension
Updated: October 09, 2018 - 5:26 pm

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Wednesday 10/11/2017
A self-exam helped Corneil catch cancer early
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:38 pm

On Tuesday, Sept. 12, Janet Corneil’s life changed forever when she heard the words, “You have breast cancer.”

Quiet time with God key, Pope says
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:37 pm

God is faithful and true. Period.

That is the thread woven throughout Crissy Pope’s breast cancer story.

‘Thank God for cancer,’ is how Hudson titles her story
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:38 pm

Thank God for cancer’ is the title to my testimony.’”

That’s the first that Patty Hudson will tell you.

Comments (0)
Fleming received support from family and God
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:37 pm

I think I knew that it was cancer,” breast cancer survivor Bobbi Fleming said about the diagnosis she received almost 30 years ago. “I think sometimes you just know.”

Now 20 years in remission Mitchum is a proud cancer survivor
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:37 pm

Breast cancer has affected Gail Mitchum’s family in a flagrant way. She had five aunts who suffered with it on her father’s side. Her mother’s sister had breast cancer, too.

Comments (0)
Husband’s reminders helped Moore catch cancer
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:37 pm

Lynn Moore nearly skipped her yearly mammogram, a decision that might have been disastrous.

Tuesday 10/10/2017
Sweet ‘Sug’ remembered: a caretaker’s story
Updated: September 19, 2018 - 3:37 pm

She didn’t have any kids. Me being her oldest nephew, I stepped up and was like, ‘Whatever you need me to do, I’ll be there for you,’” said Sheldon Gibson, caretaker for his aunt who was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Comments (0)
Forum highlights breast cancer news, other health issues
Updated: October 10, 2017 - 4:53 pm

The 19th Annual Coffee County Breast Cancer and Women’s Health Issues Forum will focus on changes in breast cancer and its treatment, information about general health and news about local medical facilities.

Comments (1)