Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 5:30 p.m., a traditional wreath-laying ceremony will be conducted at the Wall of Freedom, at the entrance of Enterprise Recreational Park. Lt. Col. Cal Nix, commander of the city’s partnership unit, 1st Battalion, 212th Aviation Regiment, will serve as the speaker.
• The 2018 Enterprise Veterans Day Parade was cancelled but the Memorial Tribute Ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. in Enterprise Nov. 8 and the pubic is invited. The Veterans Day parade will proceed north on Main Street toward the Enterprise Farmers Market, where the memorial tribute will begin after the parade. The event pays tribute to all veterans. Many active and retired military organizations will be participating in the parade, as well as school groups, individuals and other uniformed heroes.
• Sam Boswell Honda will hold its semi-annual flag retirement ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 10, starting at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be held at the dealership underneath the flagpole.
• Cook-Clements American Legion Post 73 invites the community to join us for a free breakfast on Veterans Day Nov. 11, starting at 9 a.m., followed by a Veterans Day Ceremony to start at 10 a.m. All veterans, their families, past and present are invited to join. We will honor veterans and active duty members from our local community. The Legion Post is located at 701 East Lee Street. For more information call Buddy Keen, Commander, at 393-2928 or the Legion at 308-0081.
• Disabled American Veterans Chapter 94 and Dale County Vietnam Veterans of America will host a Veterans Day Ceremony at the Woodlawn Memory Gardens, 531 North U.S. 231, Ozark on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m.
• VFW Post 6020 in Daleville will hold a Veterans Day event on Monday, Nov. 12 at 11 a.m. The event, held at the VFW building, will feature the Daleville High School JROTC and a guest speaker.