The Southeastern Public Health District is offering additional COVID-19 testing in Enterprise, Dothan and Ozark on alternating days during the month of August. Schedules are as follows:
• Tuesdays, Aug. 18 and 25, and Friday, Aug. 21, 8:30 until 10:30 a.m., Coffee County Health Department
• Wednesdays, Aug. 19 and 26, and Fridays, Aug. 14 and 28, 8:30 until 10:30 a.m., Houston County Farm Center
• Thursday, Aug. 13, 8:30 until 10:30 a.m. at the Ozark Civic Center
Appointments are not required. Testing is available to patients who meet the testing criteria and while supplies last. No retesting will be done.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
Testing criteria are as follows:
• Persons with symptoms
• Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
• Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction
The Alabama Department of Public Health advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
• Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
• Avoid people who are sick
• Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
• Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
• Cover coughs and sneezes
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
• Monitor your health
For more information, please contact the Southeastern Public Health District at (334) 792-9070 or visit alabamapublichealth.gov.