STATE OF ALABAMA
EMERGENCY RESOLUTION OF THE DALE COUNTY COMMISSION
Whereas, the Dale County Commission is required by the law of the State of Alabama to determine the location of polling places for general and special elections in the County, and
Whereas Dale County had previously set the polling place for Beat 7, Box 2, Rocky Head at the Bowden Terrace Community Center on Ft. Rucker and that polling place has been used for that purpose at that location since 2019, and
Whereas the law of Alabama requires that no polling place shall be relocated less than three months prior to an election except in cases of emergency, and
Whereas a runoff election has been set in the State for July 14,2020 and three-month deadline for alteration of a polling place has passed, and
Whereas, the Commission has recently been informed that the present polling place at Bowden Terrace Community Center on Ft. Rucker will not be available for the run off election due to Covid 19 Pandemic restrictions by Ft. Rucker officials and it is necessary that a temporary emergency polling location be established for the runoff election,
Now therefore, the Dale County Commission declares and finds as follows:
1. The polling place for Beat 7, Box 2 at the Bowden Terrace Community Center is not available for use as a polling place for the upcoming runoff election due to Covid 19 Pandemic restrictions.
2. The Dale County Commission does hereby declare that there exists an emergency, not the result of any action of the Commission or election officials, which requires the relocation of the polling place at Ft. Rucker.
3. The Dale County election officials, namely, the Dale County Probate Judge, Sheriff and Circuit Clerk, with the approval of the appropriate City of Daleville authorities recommend the relocation of the Beat 7, Box 2 Rocky Head polling place from the Bowden Terrace Community Center to the City of Daleville Voting Center temporarily for the runoff only. Although the Daleville Voting Center is in a separate District and voting precinct, for this runoff said precincts shall be combined but the polling officials, machines and ballots shall be separate and all reports of election results shall be separately identifiable by the appropriate polling place.
4. The Commission does therefore select the Daleville Voting Center as the polling place for Beat 7, Box 2 Rocky Head for the upcoming runoff only.
5. This alteration of said polling place is a temporary emergency action required by the Covid 19 Pandemic and applies only to the runoff election. Additional arrangements will be made for the November general election.
6. The election officials shall give as much notice as is possible to the voters who will be affected by this change in such manner as is reasonable.
Dated this the 23rd day of June, 2020
DALE COUNTY COMMISSION:
/S/ Mark Blankenship,
/S/ Chris Carroll,
/S/ Steve McKinnon,
/S/ Charles W. Gary
/S/ Frankie Wilson
/S/ Cheryl Ganey,